Agile methodologies and principles have gained more momentum lately in the marketplace and in industry in general. PMI has notice the uptick in agile practices and has begun to develop a certification program for agile as they have for PMP.
Due to the growing demand, and the value that is coming out of agile developments, organizations are actively embracing it. They are seeing the benefits of the agile methods that deliver projects more quickly.
Among the benefits are the following:
* Early customer feedback, and continued customer feedback.
* High visibility of progress, and early detection of problems.
* Measurable return on investment that is seen earlier in the process.
Because of these benefits and others, project management offices are requiring project managers to apply Agile methodologies. So, in order to support those project managers, the PMI has stepped up to the challenge they are launching a new Agile Certification.
Key Dates for the Agile Certification Launch
* May 2011 – Candidates for the Agile certification for application to the pilot
* August 2011 – Testing on the pilot begins.
Refer to PMI.org/Agile,
Or contact PMI Customer Care based in your region:
North America/Latin America at firstname.lastname@example.org
EMEA +31-320-239-539 or email@example.com
AP+65 6496 5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org
India +91-124-4517 140 or email@example.com